3…2…1… AND WE LIVE!
Yesterday my classmates and I covered one of Xavier’s Black History Month guest speakers. Writer and civil rights activist Shaun King came and spoke to our school about the importance of history as well as the problems we are facing in the Black community today.
For covering events such as these, there are many moving parts that often go unnoticed. What I, along side my partner Ronald, chose to do is tell the untold story of what an average day of a Mass Comm student looks like. We got the behind the scenes look at what it took for our classmates to prepare to cover such an event. Watch the behind the scenes here.
The premise of this project was not only to cover the event but write about Shaun King and some topics that the revolve around his area of work, which includes:
- “Do you Know Shaun King?”
- The Evolution of Shaun King
- How Skin Color Can Effect How People Perceive a Political Message
- Traditional vs Non Traditional Media Outlets
- The Evolution of Xavier’s Black History Month Events